Frank Grill, Licensed Acupuncturist
Frank Grill, founder and director of Naperville Acupuncture Center, is an Acupuncturist licensed in the States of Illinois and Wisconsin. He graduated with a Master’s Degree in Acupuncture from the Northwest Institute of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine in Seattle,Washington in 2001. Frank has studied Traditional Chinese Acupuncture, Japanese Meridian Acupuncture, Balance Method Acupuncture, biomedical and trigger point acupuncture, as well as Chinese Herbal Medicine. He is especially committed to demystifying and making a natural, holistic, and caring method of healing accessible to as many people as possible.
In addition to traditional methods, Frank has added to and expanded the practice of acupuncture with principles of other disciplines, including Strain-Counterstrain, Muscle Energy Technique, Pain Neutralization Technique, Japanese Shiatsu and Sotai. He also has studied Enzyme Therapy and Kinesiotaping. Having knowledge of wide array of techniques allows him to craft individualized treatment plans.
Prior to becoming an acupuncturist 11 years ago, Frank worked as a professional Chef for 10 years in Seattle, including Sous Chef at the late, great Carmelita. He is skilled in seafood, vegetarian, Asian and healthy cooking. This grueling occupation led him to getting treated by, and then interested in, acupuncture. He understands, pain, stress, headaches, sciatica, tendinitis due to first hand experience. To this day, he still threatens to open a restaurant. Before becoming a Chef, he studied Economics at Pennsylvania State University.
As part of his effort to serve the community, Frank participates in fundraisers and charity events, and also volunteers regularly to provide acupuncture at the Tri-City Health Partnership in St. Charles, Il. He is also involved in the study of permaculture, which combines organic farming, alternative energy, and ecological restoration.
Frank is a tireless researcher and student of Chinese medicine. He attends many conferences and events to keep on the cutting edge of acupuncture knowledge so that he may serve you better. He is currently developing a new, scientifically based method of acupuncture.
Member of National Headache Foundation
Member of American Academy of Pain Management
- 1998-2001 – Northwest Institute of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, Seattle, WA, Masters Degree in Acupuncture.
- 2001- National Certification Commission Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Board Certified in Acupuncture.
- 1987-1992 – Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA, Bachelor Studies in Economics.
Acupuncturists are required 30 hours of continuing education every 2 years. Frank meets and exceeds this and takes as many courses as possible to find better techniques and methods to help his patients!
- 2009 – Lotus Seminars Online, Advanced Pulse Diagnosis, Advanced Chinese Herbal Treatment
- 11/08 – A Day in Dr. Tan’s Clinic, Chicago, IL, Advanced Acupuncture Seminar with Dr. Richard Tan
- 11/08 – TCM Institute, Chicago, IL, TCM treatment of uterine fibroids, Dr. Zhengang Guo
- 9/08 – Midwest College of Oriental Medicine Chicago, IL, Chronic Pain Release, Dr. Donald Martin
- 9/08 – TCM Institute, Chicago, IL, TCM treatment of Chronic Cough, Dr. Zhengang Guo
- 9/08 – Loomis Institute, Chicago, IL, Certificate of Enzyme Nutrition, Dr. Harold Loomis
- 6/08 – Kaufman Techniques, Denver, CO, Pain Elimination Bootcamp, Dr Stephen Kaufman
- 6/08 – Lotus Institute, Denver, CO, Integrative Approach, Great Results, Bob Doane
- 6/08 – Lotus Institute, Denver, CO, Women’s Health, Dr. Jimmy Chang
- 6/07 – Golden Flower Seminars, Chicago, IL, Weight Loss and Oriental Medicine, Kirsti Reid
- 6/07 – Honso Seminars, Chicago, IL, Liver and G.I. Disorders, Hai He Tian, Xiao Tian Shen
- 4/07 – Midwest College of Oriental Medicine Chicago, IL, Acupuncture and Applied Kinesiology, Dr. Donald Martin
- 12/06 – Lotus Seminars, Chicago, IL, Acupuncture 1,2,3 for Pain, Dr. Tan
- 12/06 – Lotus Seminars, Chicago, IL, Pharmaceutical Drugs and Chinese Medicine, John Chen
- 11/05 – Richard Tan, OMD, Chicago, IL, The Power of Needles, Richard Tan
- 6/05 – Midwest College of Oriental Medicine Chicago, IL, Safety and Ethics in Practice, Dr. Donald Martin
- 6/05 – AcuSport Seminars, Chicago, IL, Orthopedic Treatment of the Low Back, Matt Callison
- 3/05 – Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, Chicago, IL, Digestive Disorders, Craig Mitchell
- 3/05 – Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, Chicago, IL, Gynecology and Infertility, Bob Flaws
- 6/04 – Richard Tan, OMD, Chicago, IL, Strategy of 12 Magical Points, Richard Tan
- 1/04 – Chi-Akra Center, Santa Barbara, CA, Advanced Facial Acupuncture, Mary Elizabeth Wakefield
- 9/03 – Richard Tan, OMD, Chicago, IL, Balancing the Eight Extra Meridians, Richard Tan
- 9/03 – Richard Tan, OMD, Chicago, IL, Basics of the Balance Method
- 9/03 – Illinois AAOM, Chicago, IL, Ear Acupuncture Therapy, Terry Oleson, P.hd
- 5/01 – NIAOM, Seattle, WA, Sotai, Japanese Physical Exercise, Stephen Brown
- 4/01 – NIAOM, Seattle, WA, Acupuncture Meridian Therapy, Stephen Brown
- 6/10 Acupuncture from the Nei Jing for Great Clinical Results, Lotus Seminars, Dr Donald Kendall
- 6/10 Biomedical Acupuncture for Sports Injury, Trauma, and Rehabilitation, Boulder, CO, with Dr Yun Tao Ma
- 3/10 Understanding the Mechanisms of Acupuncture to Enhance Clinical Outcomes, Lotus Seminars, Dr Donald Kendall
- 2/10 Permaculture Design Certification, Stelle, Illinois, with Wayne Weisman and Bill Wilson
- 3/10 Understanding Mechanisms of Acupuncture, Lotus Seminars, Dr Donald Kendall
- 8/13 Healing Commuity Trauma and PTSD, Acupuncturists Without Borders, Chicago, IL
- 2013 Acupuncture Sports Medicine Certificate with Whitfield Reaves
- 8/13 Chinese Herbal Medicine for Dermatology, Dr Zhengang Guo, Chicago, IL
- 11/13 Kinesiotaping, Level 1&2, KTAI, Woodridge, IL
Angela Collins, Office Manager
Angela hails from Buffalo, New York and spent many years in nursing. She has also had careers in dog training and picture framing. She is a talented gardener and ceramic artist. Angela will make you feel at home and keeps our office comfortable and beautiful!